Keep Hammering

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationN.B. Canada

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

No wonder you shoot a PSE

What the hell does that have anything to due with it. I would like to simply understand what your trying to create before deciding on weather or not to spend a better part or whole day in Moncton learning the system.

#42 4evrhntn

4evrhntn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationCodys N.B.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

What the hell does that have anything to due with it. I would like to simply understand what your trying to create before deciding on weather or not to spend a better part or whole day in Moncton learning the system.

LOL Pretty sure it was just a ribbing.
l

#43 Critter

Critter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

LOL Pretty sure it was just a ribbing.

LOL , x2 , calm down buddy :)

Critter

#44 Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationKill Zone

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

PSEH---If your worried about how much time its gonna take for you to understand this system and be a scorer for the book dont waste your time or the people who are involved time...For some of us time and place are no issues when it comes to this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now thats a ribbing, hahahahahahahaha

#45 gchase

gchase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

PSE, I was making reference to your site name and choice of bows in jest. The first serious hunting bow I ever owned was a PSE. I have since moved up to a Mathews. (LOL)

There are a number of clubs east of the Mississippi, a simple search will bring up most of them. (Big Game Scoring Club Trophy) are the key words. I’m not trying to create anything if you’re referring to the scoring system, it’s been in place for many years. We are using the B&C method of scoring, the present rules for scoring were established in 1948. Here in NB Bill and I along with many others have been scoring deer since the early eighties to be entered into the official record book. To date there are more than a thousand entrees. A lot of the clubs make little alterations on the entrance level scores. Some clubs cover more than one state.

Bill and I will travel to any part of the province to hold a seminar so please don’t think you have to go to Moncton we will come to you, or as close as we can.

Looking forward to shaking your hand and thanking you for becoming part of this.

G.

#46 Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationKill Zone

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Just drivin home from work last night i was thinking about some new entries i know of and i was up to 28 deer and 9 moose just in a half hour, LOL

#47 bucksnducks

bucksnducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Bringing a couple racks your way RR to get scored next time we are out to your place. I know we have probly/hopefully 3 or 4 to add from our crew.

#48 Scoot

Scoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

George,

I think it would be nice to have a shed antler section and a traIlcam photo section. Trail cameras are probably the biggest thing to hit the deer hunting woods since the last record book. I remember being one of a few that had one back in the nineties. You couldn't buy them in the stores at that time. It was all mail ordered from magazines or bought on ebay. But now alomost everybody has more then one.

I'm also interested in your scoring course.

#49 Bear357

Bear357

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMiramichi NB

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

George

When was the last record book published? Will you be looking for for deer/moose/bear taken after the last book was published or any deer that has not been in previous editions?

Bear357

PS I think its a great project, thanks.

#50 gchase

gchase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

BB I have always had an interest in sheds but I think there are better avenues to take as far as displaying them.

We would be glad to have you as a scorer, everything will start coming together at the first of the year. Just e-mail me your name and location.

Bear 357: The only requirement is that the animal has to be taken in New Brunswick under fair chase rules. It does not matter when the trophy was harvested. Every trophy we have scored will be listed in the up coming book. For the most part we will be showing photos of the new editions to the book.

I’m always amused by the on line handles people appoint to them selves. I’m guessing you killed a bear that weighed in at 357. I’m having a little trouble with a guy that calls himself Bear Balls but to each his own.

#51 Cdog

Cdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationGrand Manan.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Bear balls hehe....
Maybe we should have a thread explaining what our handles mean or represent?

#52 Bear357

Bear357

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMiramichi NB

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

George, the name is simple, Bear is a nick name I picked up 20 years ago, sometimes called Lar Bear, 357 is my badge number.

Cdog good idea to start a new thread.

#53 WAMT

WAMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

GC, do you have a picture of a 170 moose (minmum)? I shot a 23 pointer this fall but I have no clue what a 170 moose looks like.

#54 nbbucks

nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

WAMT

This bull nets 177 1/8.

Posted Image
"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

#55 Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationKill Zone

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

My 2009 Bull is right at 170- actually think hes about an inch or two shy!!!!Posted Image

#56 WAMT

WAMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

RR or NBB, do one of you want to rough measure my bull antlers some time. I think it'll be shy because it only has a 46-48" spread

#57 gchase

gchase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Wamt: using the words 46 or 48 inches and "only" doesn’t apply to NB moose. There are not that many measurements to take I'm sure you will come close just using the B&C link for measuring. The length and width of the palms play the major role, skinny palms will really hurt

I have always thought B&C lumping or moose in with the rest of Canada was a mistake.

#58 WAMT

WAMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

But your book is including them, right?

#59 gchase

gchase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Yes they will be in the book. I believe the entrance level should be dropped to fall in line with the Shiras Moose. We had a total of 11 in our last book, I know a fellow up north has been measuring moose for a while, we will be contacting him to see if we can include his findings as well. We will be firming up small details on scoring hoping it reflects the quality of our trophies

G

#60 nbbucks

nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Shiras takes 155 to make the All time book and 140 for the awards.
"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users