#1 Savage

Savage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

well i just thought that i would tell you all about my night, I got home from work and for some reason i wanted to go out scouting out a new spot for a stand, I had some where in mind witch i need to drive to get to it well by the time i got there it was dark so i turned around and came home but less then a mile away in a field that my fathers owns i seen eyes so i turned (being nosy) and in my lights a seen a beautiful 9 to 10 points buck im guessing really nice looking deer. so maybe ill just stick with my stand that i have been using :)

anyone else seeing anything ?

#2 mu'in

mu'in

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • LocationSi-nan'-sis

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Was out checking some cuts after work...
seen a beautiful 12 point buck, hopping across bout 80yds in front of me..

Great rack, large bodied deer..
tracked him in the scope... all the while wondering how come they don't offer them type of shots when i want a deer!! LOL

"If they run, they'll just die tired"

browning_sig-exp_zpsa59d45fb.png

- Browning BLR PG, .300wsm

- Savage Model 11, .243

- My trusty 1958 Winchester model 12, 12ga

- Limbsaver dz30, Easton FMJ and a muzzy

#3 Savage

Savage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Sounds like a nice deer mu'in and i know what you mean i wonder the same thing LOL

#4 adamNB1

adamNB1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Any chance you could give this 12 point, big bodied buck a map to zone 16 east?? lol
early august I had what looked like a 12 pointer on camera, but he hasn't come back since..

Character: how you treat those who can do nothing for you

#5 Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationSackville, NB

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Sounds like a couple of great bucks!

#6 Rub liners

Rub liners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

I have a nice 3.5 year old ten pointer that just showed up on my camera this week. First nice buck of the year at my stand.

#7 abuckisabuck

abuckisabuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

I started off with 3 different bucks at one spot and 1 at another and does at a third spot. All 3 spots are hours appart but all have now been turned into moonscape from the logging of the last 3-4 weeks specially the one behind my house; that one was a good 12 years of effort erased. I'm severely deflated. I've still got a good site going so I'm not lost for the season. That's all par for the course for us have-nots who hunt crown I guess(victms of 'conservation' and 'sustainability' lol). Back to work! Hopefully the moonscapes turn into good food source next year, although doesn't look like very clean jobs, they left tangles of crap everywhere.

#8 mu'in

mu'in

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • LocationSi-nan'-sis

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I know your pain...
one of my favorite (and one of my LAST strongholds) was flattened last year...!
Posted Image Posted Image

"Any chance you could give this 12 point, big bodied buck a map to zone 16 east"
Next time i see him likeAStone Ill pass the info on to him .. :D

"If they run, they'll just die tired"

browning_sig-exp_zpsa59d45fb.png

- Browning BLR PG, .300wsm

- Savage Model 11, .243

- My trusty 1958 Winchester model 12, 12ga

- Limbsaver dz30, Easton FMJ and a muzzy

#9 longshot

longshot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm seeing lots of doe's, fawns, and yearlings but no bruisers at either of my blinds yet but I'm hoping the doe's will bring them in once the rut starts. Doe's at least offer some promiss of some bigger bucks to come later. If not, the bears are plenty. I have at least 6 different bear on camera and two are real giants. Never taken one before but I think it may be time....

I feel your pain also. A spot that a friend was nice enough to share with me last year was flattened for miles. He has been hunting there for 30 years plus. We were talking about it a week ago and he was a little teared up and trying to hide it. That is where I missed a big 10pt last year. They have also put in about 30 kms more of raised road even further back in all directions. same thing last year. Thousands of acres wiped out and torn up. We gotta do something about you know who clearing all of our crown land. It is suppose to be ours too isn't it? They take everything and put nothing but chemicals back.

#10 Savage

Savage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

This might be a stupid question but do does travel by them selves ? All the does Ive seen we're always with at least another doe but I seen one tonight all by her self.

#11 longshot

longshot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

I've seen them by themselves many times, in the fall to early winter during the rut. I've been told (and am sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong ;-) that they will expell their fawns just before they go into estrus. I see the doe's with fawns all summer then come this time of year and later, there seam to be more and more of them traveling alone. I suppose there could be others hiding in the shadows that I don't see.

#12 abuckisabuck

abuckisabuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Does are as quirky as some other females we are familiar with. Some days, they just don't want nothin to do with anyone period. I've watched does travel together but kick each other's fawns away from their fawns' apples and then fight themselves and the next day everybody's good and then well, someone pee'd in their conrnflakes again. It's hilarious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users