#21 Springer Guy

Springer Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLakeville Corner

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

I remember buying my first shotgun at CTC. A Maverick pump action 12 guage. Solid black and as long as I am. Lol. I can still shoot it the most consistently...better than my expensive ones. I always loved those trips to CTC.

#22 lobsterman

lobsterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Bought my first firearm (.22 single shot Cooey) out of the bargain bin at the old Eaton's Canadian catalogue headquarters in Moncton, out of their bargain basement. Paid for it out of my newspaper-delivery money. Brought it home on the city bus, lol! Uncased too. No one batted an eyelash.
Can you imagine! if you tried that today, they'd shut down 3/4 of the city and have the bus surrounded by snipers and choppers! LOL!
That would be about 1969. I finally lost that rifle last year after my basement flooded and I didn't know it was lying on the floor, covered with soaking wet debris for several months. She was a pretty rust colour, inside and out, when I found her. RIP. A lot of bunnies and partridge met their maker at the hands of that little pop gun.

#23 TAC DRIVER

TAC DRIVER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

imo place sucks prices way more then other to local dealers poor ammo selection and 0 knoledge staff/selection stinks compared to fred outfitters and roos faulkner and you can buy rifles cheaper at both.

#24 mu'in

mu'in

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationSi-nan'-sis

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

.22 single shot Cooey.. ahhh yes, remember them well.. my first as well.. model 39..
Twas the scourge of bunnies in them days

the one i regret selling most was my (belgian) browning semi .. :(

"If they run, they'll just die tired"

browning_sig-exp_zpsa59d45fb.png

- Browning BLR PG, .300wsm

- Savage Model 11, .243

- My trusty 1958 Winchester model 12, 12ga

- Limbsaver dz30, Easton FMJ and a muzzy

#25 TAC DRIVER

TAC DRIVER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

Well I checked out gun selection at Oromocto store not to bad but Smythe st Fred is darn good.Excellent selection of reloading gear and scopes.Scope prices good as well.Weavers,leapolds,elites,redfields ect.

#26 adamNB1

adamNB1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

It's too bad the fredericton north-side store didn't convert as well.. they are supposed to be the 'bigger and better' store. It might be bigger, but I find that it's managed in an unorganized way. Same with the Kent store over here.. what a bad store compared to the South side one.
And that's my complaining for the day!
Character: how you treat those who can do nothing for you

#27 Wardo

Wardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationWillow Grove

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Well I checked out gun selection at Oromocto store not to bad but Smythe st Fred is darn good.Excellent selection of reloading gear and scopes.Scope prices good as well.Weavers,leapolds,elites,redfields ect.

Man you blow hot and cold pal... two days ago "imo place sucks", today "Not too bad" and "Excellent Selection". What's your official review?

#28 goulou67

goulou67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationnigadoo n.-b.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

just baught a 870 remington super mag waterfowl 12 ga. at canadian tire in cambelton n.-b.couldn't believe the selection of rifles and shotguns they have, beats anything around here in the bathurst area that's for sure!!

#29 lovemylab

lovemylab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Rubliner; My dad bought me a break 12 gauge single shot (baikail) at the Chatham Canadian Tire in 1984 for $79! I still have it and can't count the amount of mayhem it created over the last 30 yrs LOL. Anyone else have a first gun story???

Hubby bought me my first shotgun at CT Oromocto, Baikal 20g, still have it, love it and use it. :D

#30 blackbear

blackbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPortage Vale

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Grandfather me my first shotgun at canadian tire in moncton in 1985. It too was a 410 Baikal. Now my daughter is using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users