#1 Cruzman

Cruzman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationShediac, NB

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

I just heard from a friend that he knows a contractor that is building a Cabelas store in Moncton.
It is supose to be the building that is being built now in the Trinity power center facing the new Golftown and Source for Sports stores.
Has anyone else heard this or is this just a joke?? If it is true.... OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There goes the next 4 paychecks ahahha

2014 Elite Energy 35

#2 NB axemen

NB axemen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

If your talking about the building that is currently up, it must be a joke, as it would be way too small compared to the ones that they built in the States.

#3 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSalisbury

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

There was some stories about Cabelas expanding into atlantic Canada a few years ago. It was on the internet so it must of been true,,, :huh:.
Never been to Cabelas or Bass Pro, would love to see one come down our way.

#4 Guy

Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationUp in a tree

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Well i dont know about cabelas, but i now that in august their will be a new outdoor store here in miramichi, archery, guns, traping supplies and anything to do with the outdoors...

#5 Cruzman

Cruzman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationShediac, NB

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

If your talking about the building that is currently up, it must be a joke, as it would be way too small compared to the ones that they built in the States.

I'm pretty sure the stores in Canada and some of the ones in the states aren't all the same size.

2014 Elite Energy 35

#6 Cruzman

Cruzman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationShediac, NB

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Well i dont know about cabelas, but i now that in august their will be a new outdoor store here in miramichi, archery, guns, traping supplies and anything to do with the outdoors...

That sounds good. Any idea where in miramichi ?

2014 Elite Energy 35

#7 Moosehunter

Moosehunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

I was there at that site last week and there is nothing large enought to fit even the smallest Cabelas in that area... Would be awesome but... http://www.cabelas.c...p?WTz_l=Header. Nothing on their site.

#8 ArcheryAddiction

ArcheryAddiction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

I highly doubt a cabelas coming to New Brunswick. Not near enough market for them. I was told that the one in maine was suppose to attracts some of us, and it has. If it does come. I hope all the shop owners around these parts are ready to retire.

#9 bucksnducks

bucksnducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Headed to Cabelas in Maine tomorrow!

#10 Guy

Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationUp in a tree

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

The new store will be located right in front of the airport, they just built an extra 40X40 extention on an existing building that was already there, its right before the tim horton on RT 11

#11 Bear357

Bear357

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMiramichi NB

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hoyt are you talking about the new store coming to Miramichi?

#12 Bam

Bam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouthern NB

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

i believe cabela's or bass pro require a population of 1 million people within a 100 square mile radius... i think that is thier policy and if so pretty much deletes any maritime location lol...i know better buy sports will have a new store(location) roughly 10,ooo square feet in moncton by end of september i believe...cheers Bam

#13 Guy

Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationUp in a tree

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Yes bear357, ive known this since last january, but only got 100% confirm two weeks ago, i met the owner and he will be visiting the archery clubs and gun range to find out what he will be holding in stock so that he can keep the costomers happy

#14 Bearhunter

Bearhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSussex

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

i believe cabela's or bass pro require a population of 1 million people within a 100 square mile radius... i think that is thier policy and if so pretty much deletes any maritime location lol...i know better buy sports will have a new store(location) roughly 10,ooo square feet in moncton by end of september i believe...cheers Bam

There are a million within 250km of Moncton!
Charlotetown, Fredericton, Miramichi, Moncton, Saint John, Truro, Halifax, all within 150 miles.

#15 whaler

whaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Gents if I may.........I had the Bass Pro Shop people in Saint John a few years ago. They toured the city and were impressed. Met the mayor and had various presentations made to them.
The bottem line was they need 50 million dollars for development (private money) in order to build a store. The demographics were acceptable for Saint John but as in every city in Atlantic Canada, no money.
I can tell you that the Bass Pro in Ontario was projected to pay for itself in 20 years and took only 1 year to do so.

Now, the Cabela's store in Scarborough Maine seems to be slipping. I found that business is slow there and not a lot of stock? This would be a "C" store which is their smallest in their fleet. I would say a little bigger than most Walmarts.
On the other hand, Bass Pro in Ontario is a much better store with a lot better selection and a hudge boat section. Better store in my opinion.

It is very unlikely that Bass Pro or Cabela's would come to this area anytime soon. Unless of course someone has too much money to invest?

Keep an eye on better Buy Sports as they are expanding all the time. They just opened a pretty big store in Dartmouth and are looking for new larger digs in Saint John.

Whatever happens, we need to support our local shops!
The Whaler!

#16 Bam

Bam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouthern NB

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

There are a million within 250km of Moncton!
Charlotetown, Fredericton, Miramichi, Moncton, Saint John, Truro, Halifax, all within 150 miles.

with the maritimes as a whole only having 1.75 million people it would be a hard sell IMO...cool info whaler and i agree support local buisneses if u can...cheers bam

#17 daveyn

daveyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationHarewood NB

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Actually Cabela's retail rule of thumb is is 1 million people within a 30 mile radius, a minimum of 22 acres of land and a minimum store size of 85,000 sq ft,have major highway access and visibility.
1 of the criteria used when determining where to locate a store is the amount of catalogue orders from a particular geographic area.
Bottom line...if you think they are come to Moncton anytime soon you're dreamin..
If you keep doing what you've always done you'll keep getting what you've always got...

#18 Wardo

Wardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationWillow Grove

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Actually Cabela's retail rule of thumb is is 1 million people within a 30 mile radius, a minimum of 22 acres of land and a minimum store size of 85,000 sq ft,have major highway access and visibility.
1 of the criteria used when determining where to locate a store is the amount of catalogue orders from a particular geographic area.
Bottom line...if you think they are come to Moncton anytime soon you're dreamin..

I don't buy that (1 Million per 30 Square Miles), the population of Portland is smaller than Halifax, and the entire population of Maine is just over a million. That being said, I don't think they're coming here. It's a fun dream though.

#19 Wardo

Wardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationWillow Grove

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

Also:
Edmonton - Just over 3/4 of a Million
Winnipeg - Just under 3/4 of a Million
Saskatoon - 1/4 of a Million (Just over a million in all of Saskatchewan)

#20 daveyn

daveyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationHarewood NB

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

http://www.cabelas.c...-criteria.shtml

The criteria is right on the website if you want to have a gander. I was incorrect about the 22 acres...its 12.
If you keep doing what you've always done you'll keep getting what you've always got...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users