New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner

How's everyone first week?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  robertson 
#1 ·
Well after a long time hunting deer with no luck I once again changed spots. I have been fortunate to see 4 does come in to my apples this week. I know for some of you seasoned hunters this would sound very funny but for someone who has had no luck and I mean, have never seen a deer in the woods since the 80's ,and hunted in a deer devastated area for years, this week has defiantly sparked some excitement....I never moved because i was always scared of intruding onto someone else territory and that hasn't seem to be an issue although I know there are other guys hunting not to far either, as I saw their cars parked down the road from me the first few mornings. I also changed my feelings on that as I always had thought that hunting should be done in the farthest from other people spots...well thats not reality in most of New Brunswick where the deer are plentiful ...not that they are in this hurting province of over cut forests and heavily sprayed cuts. I hope a deer walks out i front of them just as I hope one walks out in front of me....and that comes down to luck I guess. I am excited to continue this year, spent every day ,except for an hour at lunch in the stand hoping for those antlers to show out of the brush.

#2 ·
I have pics of 12 different bucks on two different stands. Saw 5 does and fawns yesterday morning when I walked up back to get my camera card. Saw what was on the camera so I hunted last night and saw one doe, one fawn and I think i was the 6 pt bu may have been the 2yr 8pt. Was a little dusky from 250 yards, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.