7 replies to this topic

#1 Grunt

Grunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Thinking about selling one of my guns and went on KIJIJI to see what similar guns were going for. Turns out there aren't any guns on KIJIJI - which I thought odd since you can get pretty much anything else on there. Then I get looking at their policy page and "What is not allowed on KIJIJI." Well guess what - guns are not allowed. More specifically:
•Weapons and related items (such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, tear gas, stun guns, knives, archery equipment, and martial arts weapons)

So what's up with that? Seems to be discrimination against gunowners to me. It's not like guns are illegal - whereas most of their prohibited items are illegal. I guess us gunowners are just as bad as the pimps and dope dealers eh?

#2 Bull's eye

Bull's eye

• Moderators
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationOutdoors (but not right now lol!)

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

I wonder if crossbows are part of the list...

#3 water_runner

water_runner

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Well, I have operated around that before. You can post your add in a specific section like in sports.

-Spell gun with periods like G.U.N. or call it a Hunting R.I.F.L.E
-Make sure to include hunting so at least hunters will hit on it
-Don't put up any pictures of the gun
-Abbreviate the make and model ex. Rem Pump 3006
-List that they contact you for more details and pics as they can't be posted

Here is an example:
http://fredericton.k...QAdIdZ252398254

I know it is not ideal, but it will get you a wider audience for your sale. Good luck!

#4 Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationKill Zone

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

Tried that too water-runner, and someone must have reported me because after a day the removed and sent me an email saying it wasn't allowed,..I agree too about alot more buyers being on there if they had a gun section..

#5 water_runner

water_runner

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Ridge Runner, that sucks that they made you take your post down. I was blocked three times a while back, but then succeeded eventually with something their computers couldn't pick up on.

I agree in principle of having a code of conduct for kijiji though. Wouldn't want to end up with Craigslist getting popular around here. I don't want to see ads for 1 legged prostitutes, or some woman wearing leather that will come into your house, tie you up, beat you with whips and chains, and then you have to pay her at the end of it. BUT, if there is anyone on here that is into that type of thing then fill your boots! :P

#6 wonksy

wonksy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Bed Cmon!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

some woman wearing leather that will come into your house, tie you up, beat you with whips and chains, and then you have to pay her at the end of it. BUT, if there is anyone on here that is into that type of thing then fill your boots! :P

By All Means Let Them Ca'monnnnnnnnnn In!!!
The Door Is Always Unlocked!!
Hawooooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life Is To Short To Hunt With a Ugly Gun!
Hawooooo Copy Datt Cmon

#7 maugervilleboy

maugervilleboy

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMaugerville New Brunswick Canada

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

Just got a notice from KIJIJI, that they removed my add "LOOKING FOR 7MM PROJECTILES"
as this add is against their policy.
I wonder who reported this to them.
SILLY PEOPLE.

#8 water_runner

water_runner

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

By All Means Let Them Ca'monnnnnnnnnn In!!!
The Door Is Always Unlocked!!
Hawooooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

If i wanted to get beat in my own home by a female, all I would have to do is leave some easy to grab objects laying about the house and come through the door to greet the missus with about $2,000 in Cabelas purchases. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users